Go Back
Best Cheesecake Recipe
Prep Time
20 mins
Cook Time
1 hr
Refrigeration Time
4 hrs
Total Time
5 hrs 20 mins

Refrigeration time: 4 hours

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Keyword: best cheesecake recipe, cheesecake recipe, easy cheesecake recipe
Servings: 8
Author: Teena Agnel
  • 30 graham crackers. Approx 2 cups powdered
  • 6 tablespoons 85 grams butter, melted
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoon sugar
  • 16 oz 452 grams(2 cups) cream cheese
  • 1 and 1/2 cup or (300grams) sugar
  • 16 oz 452 grams or (2 cups) sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • FOR Toppings
  • Fruits, Melted chocolate or marmalade
  2. Preheat oven to 350 Degree Fahrenheit or 175 Degrees Celsius.
  3. Cover the bottom of the 8-inch or 9-inch springform pan with 3 layers of aluminum foil to avoid leakage. Add melted butter + sugar to powdered crackers. Mix well and press it into a well-greased pan. Bake for 10 min. (Please refer notes if you want to use a normal cake pan)(I used a 9-inch springform pan, 8-inch will result in a slightly taller cake)

  4. Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely.

  6. Reduce the heat to 325 Degree Fahrenheit or 160 Degrees Celsius.
  7. Beat cream cheese well until soft. After that add sugar and beat well again. Add eggs one by one and beat well after each addition. Now add sour cream + lemon zest + vanilla and mix well. Do not overbeat. Once done, pour into a baked crust.

  8. Fill half of the roast pan with boiling water and place the pan in it. Place this in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hr. The cheesecake should be a little wobbly in the center. switch off the oven, open the door, then close it and let the cake stay inside for another 1 hr.

  9. Remove the pan and place it on a cooling rack. Cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. Loosen the edges by moving a knife around the edges of the pan. Transfer to a cake plate.


  11. (Microwave method): Melt 75 % of chocolate in the microwave for approx 1 1/2min stirring every 30 sec. Add the remaining 25% chocolate and mix well. Drizzle over the cake with a fork.
  12. (Stovetop method): Place a saucepan with water on a stove. Add chocolate chips or evenly cut chocolate chunks in a bowl. Place the bowl over the saucepan, making sure that the water doesn't touch the bottom of the chocolate bowl. On low heat, keep stirring the chocolate till it melts.
Recipe Notes

If springform pan is not being used, removing the cake from the pan will be a little tricky.

Cheesecake without springform pan:

If you are using a normal cake pan for baking then coat the tin with butter and then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper for easy removal. Once its baked and has cooled completely, place a plastic wrap or parchment paper on a flat plate and gently invert it and then invert again and place it on the serving plate. It could take a little practice.

Correct any imperfections with sourcream, chocolate or marmalade.