- SET 1:
- 1/2 kg 1.1lb shrimp
- 1 1/2 cup mangoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 green chillies slit or to taste
- 3 teaspoons red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 1 cup water
- SET 2:
- 1 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/8 cup onion about 1/4 medium onion
- SET 3:
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
Add all the ingredients from set 1, except mangoes into a pan, stir well, turn on the heat and let the prawns cook. Now add mangoes and let that cook too.
Meanwhile grind the ingredients from set 2 into a fine paste. Add this to the curry and let it simmer for additional 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Set3: Heat oil in another pan. Add mustard seeds. Once mustard cracks, add curry leaves and add this to the curry.
This curry is served with rice.
Adjust the salt and mangoes depending on the sourness of the mangoes. Mangoes used in this curry had enough sourness.