- SET 1:
- 1 kg pork cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 inch ginger cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red chilly powder / paprika or to taste
- 3 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala/ All spice mix Recipe here
- 3 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- SET 2:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds or fennel seeds sauf
- 1 small onion sliced about 1/4 cup
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 cup minced or crushed garlic
Wash the pork and drain well. Add all the ingredients from set 1 and mix well into the pork. Cook in a pan or pressure cooker till the meat is cooked and tender, yet firm. (If cooking in a pan, turn the heat on high heat for 5 minutes and then cook it on medium heat until cooked, mixing in between. Cooking time could take somewhere between 30-40 minutes).
Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds. Once it cracks, add onions + curry leaves + garlic and saute. If needed, you can add 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala into the oil, taking care that the spices don't burn. Add the cooked pork and saute for another 10-15 minutes until slightly crisp and till the pork gets coated with oil and spices.
I like using fennel seeds instead of mustard seeds.
Cooking in a pan lets you control the tenderness of the meat.