An easy and no bake pudding for you and your Valentine. The chocolate and butter creates a smooth texture, with coffee intensifying the flavor of chocolate, creating a melt in your mouth goodness. This dessert is so easy to put together and complements a meal so well. Another chocolaty and decadent goodness you would like is the rum rocks / chocolate truffles.
Again Rum? Really! This is what many of you might be thinking. I have an ocd (obsessive compulsive disorder) about adding rum to desserts. Just kidding. Again not an alcohol fan. Recently a friend commented, ‘ If everyone was like Teena, then we wouldn’t have to spend on alcohol, Just make them smell and they will get a kick’. Now, you know what I am talking about. Only a couple of sip can put me in a shutdown mode.
Having said that, I love the look on peoples faces when they hear rum dessert. It makes the dessert more worthwhile and all I do is replace vanilla extract with rum.
Give chocolate some rough chop chop and transfer into a bowl along with butter.
Pour simmering heavy cream + sugar into the chocolate. Let stand for a minute and whisk to melt the chocolate. Add pinch of salt + coffee + rum or vanilla extract, mix well.
Transfer the chocolaty goodness into serving bowls, let it cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. Serve with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and berries if needed.
- 3.5 oz 100g Dark Chocolate (I used 70% Lindt)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules optional
- 3/4 cup 6oz(120ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or rum
- 1/4 cup heavy cream lightly whipped
- Chocolate shavings
- Berries I used red currants
- Chop chocolate bar into small chunks and place it in a bowl. Add butter + coffee granules + salt and keep aside.
- Add sugar to heavy cream and bring it to boil. Pour this into chocolate. Wait for a minute and mix well with a whisk. It will come together like a ganache.
- Pour into individual serving cups, give a slight tap on the counter to get rid of the air bubbles, cover and place it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Keep it outside approx 20 minutes before serving. Top it with lightly whipped cream, sprinkle with chocolate shavings and serve with berries on the side.
Use a good quality chocolate. You can do the same with white chocolate too.