Remember, I promised a beautiful rum sauce to go with the rum cake or any cake for that matter. Here it is. Warm Rum sauce served over a moist pineapple upside down cake. Now that sound Chrismasy enough and gives us all the more reason to celebrate. Although I don’t like rum, I cannot get over its flavor in desserts, rum cakes, rum truffles and even syrups. What I like more, is to see the amusement on peoples faces when I serve rum desserts.
Rum Sauce – Serve this with your favorite cake
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Rum or vanilla extract or to taste
- Pinch of saffron optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- Bring heavy cream to a boil. Stir in sugar and let it simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes till the sauce slightly thickens.
- Turn off the heat and stir in rum or vanilla. Taste and adjust the sweetness and rum accordingly.
Serve the sauce warm or drench it over your favorite cake.